Course Title: Level 1 Award / Certificate Motor Vehicle Maintenance
This course is a mixture of theory and practical work covering a number of essential units.
What you will study
- Introduction to Motor Vehicle Work Shop Safety
- Introduction to the Retail Automotive Maintenance and repair Industry.
- Tools, Equipment and Material for Vehicle Maintenance
- Principles of Engine Components and Operations
- Routine Cooling and Lubrication system Checks,
- Routine Wheel and Tyre Checks.
Extra Optional Units for the Certificate
- Principles of Light Vehicle Steering and suspension Systems
- Simple Body Repair Process
- Principles of Component Fitting
- Routine Braking System Checks
The successful completion of the course will enable the student to go onto a level 1 course in year 11, or if going onto college, when they leave school. When completing the level 1 course this could lead on to an appropriate apprenticeship.
Possible Careers and Further Education
Students who gain a level one Qualification can apply for a level 2 Qualification at College or a study Programme at Catch 22. This could also lead onto an appropriate apprenticeship