GCSE Physical Education (Short Course) :
GCSE Physical Education (Short Course) should encourage students to:
- Become increasingly physically competent through being actively involved in a range of physical activities
- Become increasingly effective in their performance in different types of physical activity such as player/ participant, leader and official.
- Develop their ability to engage independently and successfully in the processes of different types of physical activity
- Develop and maintain their involvement in physical activity as part of a healthy active lifestyle
Candidates will be studying the following:
- Health and Fitness
- Health and Skill Related Fitness
- Methods of Training
- Applications of Training
- Participation and Provision
UNIT 1: Factors affecting performance, participation and provision in sporting and health activities (40%) Written Exam
The questions will test knowledge and understanding of physical fitness, its assessment and factors affecting participation, provision and performance in sporting health and well-being activities.
UNIT 2: Performance in Physical Education (60%)
Controlled Assessment You must be assessed in two performances, at least one of which must be as a player. The other one can be as a player or leader or official.
Possible Careers and Future Education:Students are able to go on to study a full course in Physical Education, or go onto to Btec or A level P.E.
Students can then look into going into a career linked to health, fitness or sport.