Sports Leaders Level 1.
The Sports Leader Level 1 Award has been developed to give learners the opportunity to:
- Unit 1 - Plan, lead and review a sport/activity
- Unit 2 - Developing leadership skills
- Unit 3 - Lead activities that promote a healthy lifestyle
- Unit 4 - Fair play in sport
- Unit 5 - The role of the official
- Unit 6 - Opportunities in sport and recreation
- Unit 7 – Practical assessment
There will be 2 types of assessment for this course. The first will be through a number of small tasks, followed by a 1 hour practical session. This will be teaching a group of young people a sporting activity, creating a festival for them.
Possible Careers And Future Education:
Students that successfully complete the course can go on to study a Level 2 Sports Leader Award at school or take any of the leadership skills into any other walk of life or employment.