Art Builders - Recipe Book of Happiness October 2021: Back in June, Students took part in an Art Builders workshops. The programme theme was ‘Lotions & Potions’, exploring creative ingredients that can boost our well-being. Over 300 schools across the UK - and internationally - took part in Art Builders 2021.Young Art Builders created 100s of artworks, of which 50 pieces are featured in a one-of-a-kind 'Recipe Book of Happiness'. Two of our lucky students were chosen to be entered and we couldn't be prouder.
This week (18th October 2021) we officially start our Artsmark journey. We are really looking forward to implementing lots of creative opportunities for our children to explore and experience. Keep looking back at this space for regular updates!
Artsmark is the creative quality standard for schools, accredited by Arts Council England. It provides a clear framework for teachers to plan, develop and evaluate arts, culture and creativity across the curriculum and beyond.
A New Direction supports London schools throughout their Artsmark journey, offering expert guidance, advice and training
We are committed to:
We build our children’s confidence, character and resilience through creativity
- Support the health and wellbeing of our children through arts and culture
- Strengthen the school’s pupil voice and develop their leadership skills through Artsmark
- We embed creativity across our whole curriculum and address school improvement priorities.
- We access professional support, advice and resources to strengthen our arts provision
- We celebrate our long-term commitment to cultural education with our pupils, parents and our local community
- We are developing new partnerships within Medway and beyond using treasured cultural organisations, providing our children with exciting opportunities